FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
119 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I have configured my RUT955 to collect GPS Data on USB for further use as I like to see my travelling routes on a map.

Presently I need to stop GPS by SMS gps_off when i come to a resting point. Switching the RUT955 completly off

is no option as I still need Mobile data going. Is there a way on could stop GPS data collecting when the is no Movement

(min.Distance) between the last GPS Fix? It would greatly reduce Data as every Stop of my Vehicle would also

not be collectet. Guess this would be a usefull add to all who wisch to collect their travelling data.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately, your desired functionality cannot be implemented. GPS data is collected constantly with configured periodicity, but data sending details can be modified. 

If you are sending data to AVL server, you could partially solve your issue by creating a rule to set  certain conditions for collected data transmission. In the WebUI navigate to Services -> GPS -> AVL and edit the main rule. In the AVL rule data configuration window, you could set Collect period to 86400 so that current GPS data would be collected only once a day, then set your preferred Min distance – a change of distance in meters, which, when detected, would indicate movement and data points would be saved for transmission. Min angle can also be used to indicate motion. Leave the rest as defaults or modify according to your needs.   

Also, if you have regular periods, when you do not need GPS monitoring, you could create a separate configuration profile with GPS disabled and schedule switching  during those periods.

More on configuration profiles and scheduling details are provided in this website: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Profiles.

Best regards,

Žygimantas