10879 questions

12963 answers

20221 comments

26143 members

0 votes
108 views 3 comments
by
Hi,

I have a RUT950 and it is exhibiting some strange behaviour after operating fine for a number of years.

IPSEC tunnel is working

Cannot PING 8.8.8.8 from the CLI

nslookup www.google.com.au can't resolve from CLI

None of the LAN devices are registering in ARP (well one does via DHCP, but I cannot ping it and ARP shows that the record is stale) and I cannot ping LAN devices as a result

Any ideas on what I should be looking for here?

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hello,

Have you tried a simple device reset?

What firmware version are you using?

Have you made any configuration changes recently?

If the issue persists, I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by

Thanks for the reply Žygimantas

I have rebooted the device, but have not yet done a factory reset, I was hoping to avoid that as the device is quite remote.

FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.5

The only change that has been made recently was to try and add the device to RMS.  At the time I could access the devices on the LAN ports.  Shortly after we noticed we could not.  When adding the device to RMS, it appears in the RMS console and some stats have been retrieved, but on the device it says it has failed to connect to RMS as it could not resolve the RMS hostname.

I've sent you the troubleshooting file.

Thanks,

Adrian

by

The file you have attached is a backup file, not troubleshoot, but does not show anything unusual or incorrect. 

The firmware version you are using is dated, a number of developments, fixes and updates have been implemented since then and I would encourage you to upgrade. The latest firmware file can be downloaded from here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/images/9/91/RUT9_R_00.07.01.4_WEBUI.bin.

Best regards,

Žygimantas 

by
that is definately the file that was produced when I ran troubleshoot.  I just ran it again - similar filename, but this time its much smaller.  May have something to do with me clearing out the blocked IP's, not sure.  Backup process produces a file with an extension of .rp

I'll have to test a firmware upgrade - we have critical infra connected to these devices.  All of them are on the same firmware revision, so not sure why this one is giving me so much trouble