FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
193 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hey,

I have set up my TRB141 to send email notifications when an alarm is triggered. I noticed the emails often end up in Junk folder in Outlook, but not in Gmail. I sent a test email to a mail-tester and some of the things it suggest fixing is in the email header:

How do I include these in my emails?

Edit:

With some further testing, I now get this as issues:

Emails are still ending up in Junk folder.

Kind regards,

Meri

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi MeriLu,

In this case, i think the easiest solution is to add a rule on your email receiver to redirect all emails from a specific sender to go to the main email box, so avoiding those emails to go to the junk folder.

In any case, whats the FM version you are using on your TRB141? Also, whats the mail-tester you are using?

Best regards.
by anonymous
Hey,

FM version is TRB_1_R_00.07.01.4 and the mail tester is https://www.mail-tester.com/.

I have marked it as safe senders and other clients have too but some say their emails still end up in spam. I was hoping to avoid having to ask my clients to do that additional step by making the emails look less like spam. I have read that Outlook email filtering AI is a tricky one to satisfy but I'd like to try everything I can.

Kind regards,

Meri
by anonymous
Hi MeriLu,

Sorry for the delayed answer, i did some testing and i was able to replicate your issue, them i've searched internally for a solution.

For now, unfortunately there is nothing to be done about it, i'd recommend you to the best configuration on your email to avoid those emails coming from your TRB141 to go to the spam.

But in the upcoming firmware version 7.3, there will be a option for setting custom headers in those emails, and with that, it will be possible to reduce the spam rating and possibly solve this issue.

Best regards.