FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
215 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have a wifi-network set up on our routers that utilizes WPA-EAP authentification with a client based certificate and a RADIUS-server. The Routers connect via OpenVPN to the server. This works flawlessly on any RUTX12 with the 00.02.06.1 firmware, and also on any RUTX14 device, no matter the firmware.

The problem only exists on RUTX12-devices with firmware higher than 00.02.06.1.

It usually goes like this: I restore the configuration from a backup in version 00.02.06.1 to my RUTX12, i set up the VPN-Connection (certificate based), and connecting to the WPA-EAP Wifi-Network works just fine.

However, if I update the device firmware to any 00.07.xxx version, the computer can not connect to the Wifi-Network anymore. On the router GUI, the computer (Windows 10/11, tested with at least 10 devices) shows up as connected, but the Wifi-Menu on windows just says the connection is being established, it never really connects to the network. I can see that the device successfully connects via OpenVPN to our RADIUS-Server, and that the client trying to connect has been approved to do so, but that is about it, the computer just keeps idling in trying to connect.

I have checked the configuration on the router many times and i can not spot a mistake.

I have tested this on propably around 20 RUTX12 routers, no matter what batch no., the problem persists.

I can also pretty much rule out any configuration errors on our firewall/radius server/openvpn etc., this problem really only affects Teltonika RUTX12 with firmware >00.02.06.1

Right now, the workaround is to stick with the old firmware, but as new versions are released, I would love to be able to use them on our RUTX12 devices.

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you recreate you scenario and try to establish connections using both firmwares. Next, I would like you to send me troubleshoot files from both firmwares. Maybe some issues or errors will show up, thus it is important to replicate the issue, before taking troubleshoot file. To generate troubleshoot file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hello,

Could you try to update firmware to 7.02 version, which can be downloaded from here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/images/5/5f/RUTX_R_00.07.02_WEBUI.bin.

If the issue still persists, I would like you to generate another troubleshoot file, which I will forward to development department for further investigation. Apparently there were issues with WPA2 - EAP authentication with OpenWRT base version 21.02.

Best regards,

Žygimantas