FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
199 views 2 comments
by anonymous
How do I read the RSSI for both SIMs?  The RUTX12 has both SIMs active, but only one (I am not sure which one) is in the RSSI value on the Modbus list.

I am using Modbus (although any other method will be okay) to retrieve the RUTX12 metrics and I am then placing it in to MQTT to monitor via my Raspberry Pi

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Currently, you can only retrieve RSSI level information from primary modem via MODBUS.  

Apparently, this functionality was developed when RUTX12 was not in production and inclusion of a secondary modem RSSI has been overlooked.

This detail will be forwarded to the development department for future improvement.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you, I am hoping that they add it soon, unless there another method that I can get both RSSI's ?  As long as I can get it to MQTT I am happy.
by anonymous

Hello,

It is possible to get RSSI information from both modems, however, the process is not straightforward. 

The first thing you need to check are the id numbers of modems in your router. To do so, login to the router via SSH and enter command

• ubus call gsmd get_modems.

This will output modem details, including the id of each one. Next, to retrieve the RSSI value associated with the modem, you need to write the modem id into the registers starting with the number 329. 

Considering that the ids are provided in an ASCII format and the MODBUS request testing functionality only accepts integer values, I suggest using QModMaster app for local testing to write the modem id register value, which accepts hexadecimal input. To convert ASCII to hexadecimal, you can use this online converter. 

By replacing id number you can now get the RSSI of a secondary modem by reading 2 registers starting from register number 4. 

Best regards,

Žygimantas