FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
343 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

following the guide to the link https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/L2TP_over_IPsec I succeeded to ping the 192.168.0.20 (client router virtual IP) from the "Server".

Now I would like to know how to transfer traffic connected to the LAN of the two sides.

For example, I connected a Laptop to each LAN port of each RUT.

Server RUT LAN IP is 192.168.1.10 and connected laptop is 192.168.1.27.

Client RUT LAN IP is 192.168.2.10 and connected laptop is 192.168.2.27.

How I can succeed to ping from one laptop to the other?

Thank you,
by anonymous

The Static Route page is also different from the manual.

Under "Routing Table" and "Interface" I have the options I attached. How does it works? What's the meaning of "Routing Table MAIN or WAN"?

However, i configured within the Server, the static route you can see in the pasted image.

In the Client I inserted the following:

Routing Table    Interface      Destination Address         Netmask              Gateway

WAN                LAN              192.168.1.0            255.255.255.0      192.168.0.20    

"Server Laptop" pings everything, so also "Client Laptop".

"Client Laptop" does not ping "Server Laptop" and "Server LAN IP".

by anonymous

Static Route added in the Server is:

Routing Table    Interface      Destination Address         Netmask              Gateway

WAN                LAN              192.168.2.0            255.255.255.0      192.168.0.20    

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you verified what firmware version you are using? We recommend updating your firmware to the latest available version (RUT9_R_00.07.02). You can download it on the following link:

RUT950 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

To update the firmware, you can go to the option System > Firmware > Update Firmware > Upgrade from file and browse for the downloaded firmware.

Please, make sure the firewall is not blocking this traffic. You can go to the option Network > Firewall > Zones and check that forwarding from L2TP to LAN is accepted. This must be configured on both devices. You can check more information about this config on the following wikipage:

RUT950 Firewall - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

If you have recently established the IPsec connection or changed the firewall config, it is recommended to restart those services after any configuration change. You can use the CLI commands “/etc/init.d/ipsec restart” and “/etc/init.d/firewall restart”. If the problem persists after this, please recreate the failure scenario, and share the Troubleshoot file (System > Administration > Troubleshoot > Troubleshoot file) so we can check the logs.

Kind regards.

by anonymous
Hello,

I succeeded to make it works by adding a static route for each RUT, but I need from you an explaination of how these routes will exactly work.

On the client site I put:

Routing Table       Interface            Destination Address         Netmask              Gateway

MAIN            L2TPTunnel              192.168.1.0            255.255.255.0      192.168.0.1    

192.168.1.0 is the LAN IP of the Server RUT; 192.168.0.1 is the Virtual IP of the Server RUT.

Viceversa, on the Server:

Routing Table       Interface            Destination Address         Netmask              Gateway

MAIN            L2TPTunnel              192.168.2.0            255.255.255.0      192.168.0.20  

No need for an upgrade of the two units. I would like to add here, for the community, the drawing and the configuration but I can't (how I can do)?

Regards,
by anonymous

Hi,

Are you the same user as the original post “s.brumana” or it’s a different case? I'm glad you made it work. It seems you are routing the traffic directed to your LAN through the Virtual IP of your L2TP interface. I notice you are using a legacy version of the firmware. In that case, you should look at the routing options on the following wikipage to find more detail about each option:

RUT950 Routing (legacy WebUI) - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

To add an image you can go to the option Image on the comment box and choose to upload it. It might need to be resized to fit on the comment.

Kind regards.