FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
485 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have a RUT360, I went though the wizzard and everything works. However, I have a problem. (Not technical ref wi-fi, bear with me)

When connected to the router via RJ45 cable using my Laptop gets a healthy  download speeds of about 85 over 4G LTE
When connected using the same laptop via Wi-Fi, I cannot achieve more than 30.

My laptop is not old.(18 months max)  I have also tested using another laptop AND my iPhone 11 as well as Heuawi P20 pro - all devices cannot get more than 30 to 35 via Wi-Fi. (2.4Ghz) - I know that I can expect no more than about 50 to 70 via Wi-Fi and that would be a vast improvement over what is being delivered now.

I have tried setting the CH to auto and even forcing 40Mhz to no avail  - We there are no other AP's in the area to interfear with the signal and my laptop, phones and other devices are about 2m away from the router.

To ensure fair test I have made sure that the destination server to which the speed test is using is the same each time. I have tested this on the latest Firmware and two version below and each time it is the same. Nothing I do seems to improve this.

To summerise, Great connection via the RJ45 and not so great over the Wifi. 20 or so slower.

I need some (as much as possible) advice please.
With thanks
John

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Here are a few things to check:

• Make sure your antennas are screwed in tight.
  • Check if the transmit power is set to 100% in global 2.4GHz settings.
  • Also, have you tried checking if perhaps your firmware version is old and you need to update the device?

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hi Žygimantas

I forgot to mention, I did check the antennas were tight, the power is at 100% and the firmware is the latest version. 

I’m all out of ideas. 

by anonymous

Hello,

There are issues related with significant WiFI speed drops, when the router operates in client mode, However, none have been noted on RUT360. if possible it would be helpful if you could replicate the issue and send me a troubleshoot file. To generate one, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Bets regards,

Žygimantas

Best regards,