FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
159 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

My TRM250 seems to run EDGE only. At least it's what Windows is reporting. In the Teltonika official video/gif guide we can clearly see that network name has that sweet "LTE" suffix.

Is there anything that can be checked or changed in order to get it run properly?

Testing SIM in a mobile phone resulting in 160/25Mb/s, so the SIM, signal strenght etc is fine. I'm aware of Cat-M1 speed limitations.

FW: BG96MAR02A07M1G

Thanks!

JK

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Even though LTE Cat M1 is a part of LTE family of technologies, it is not the conventional LTE solution used for daily consumer needs. It is oriented to low power consumption, low data rate devices and applications usually related to IoT field. Due to that it might simply be incompatible with your carrier or data plan.

Does your carrier supply LTE Cat M connectivity?

Does your region have LTE Cat M1 coverage?

Does your SIM card support LTE Cat M1?

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

I've contacted the carrier and, as expected, they doesn't see any issues with the SIM or service. I wasn't able to get clear answer if they support specificaly Cat-M1 or not. Since LTE is working in a mobile phone, for them it's sadly a closed thing.

I hoped there could be a way to check what the modem is actualy seeing, like bands, signal strenght in dB etc. I imagine, from all these parameters, it would be simple to determine what network category is used.

JK