FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,000 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi, we have this problem on multiple RUT240 routers.

The router is correctly powered, the LEDs appear to be on, the sim is detected (ready) but the data status field is disconnected.

I attach the troubleshoot from one of those routers. This router disconnected on 25/05/2022 at 02:49 AM (UTC +02:00). From that moment it has never reconnected, although it was always powered.

They have all the same firmware version (RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4).

What could be the problem? Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi Timelapse,

As a first step and following best practices, please update your device's firmware to the latest version: "RUT2_R_00.07.02." I will drop the download link below:
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads

Then, check if the issue no longer persists; if it does, verify you have data on your mobile SIM card. You can insert the SIM card on your mobile cellphone and check if you have mobile service and data connection. Also, it would be good to check if there is an SMS message from your mobile operator informing you your service is running out of data, reaching a determined data limit, or any outstanding invoices.

Furthermore, it would be helpful to know if you have recently done any configuration that could forbid internet access to your device.

Lastly, please confirm if all the devices presenting this issue are in the same mobile coverage area or different coverage zones since the event could be related to the connected cell site.

I look forward to reading your comments.

by anonymous
They are in different coverage zones.

Yes, our Sim cards have data.

We have not set any particular router configurations. What we configure (and which has always worked on more than 150 rut240 devices) are port forwarding rules, mobile apn, and rms connection, nothing more.

In any case, we have now installed the RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5 firmware on monday on one of these devices and the connection has not yet dropped. We'll leave it on more time and we'll let you know. Thanks for the support.
by anonymous

Hi, timelapse

I'm glad to know that updating your firmware version has helped you so far; I will keep an eye on your comments. Please, don't hesitate to contact us for further support if required. 

Have a nice day.

Regards