FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
655 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Dear all,

I don't know where to submit bug reports and therefore decided to publish it here. If someone knows where bug reports are to be submitted please feel free to redirect me. In the meantime, this might save some time to some of you.

We have a problem with the last firmware (RUT2_R_00.07.02 | 2022.05.23) when the device boots up, it somehow can't establish the wireguard connection that we configured. To force it to start wg0, we need to ssh on the device and issue the following command:

/etc/init.d/network restart

Then the connection works without problem. i.e. it is not a configuration issue...

For the moment we keep to the RUT2_R_00.07.01.4 | 2022.02.25, which works flawlessly.

Best Regards,
by anonymous
I found I couldn’t get Wireguard connection either on the rutx09 so rolled back too
by anonymous
Wireguard works fine for me on a RUTX11. What do you have in the logs ?
by anonymous
In the logs, I have nothing regarding wireguard itself.
by anonymous
What is the output of the 'wg' command ?
by anonymous

Hello,

As a workaround, you can try to access your device via SSH and add the command /etc/init.d/network restart in /etc/rc.local file.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you, we will try that next time we configure one of the router.

Best Regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The issue did not replicate during my testing. However, if you could reproduce it, generate a troubleshoot file and send it to me. It might show more details regarding your issue. To generate a troubleshoot file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download it from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hello Eric,

I tried to replicate your reported scenario. Just like my co-worker commented earlier, I also didn't find any bugs during my testing either. However, there is a new firmware version available: RUT_2_R_00.07.02.1 - 2022.06.06, so my suggestion is to try updating to this latest version and let us know if the problem no longer persists. In case it does, please share with us the troubleshoot file.

Regards