FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,007 views 2 comments
by
Hello,

I have a dozen of RUT955 routers. There is a 3TB HDD attached to the USB-port which we configured as a share. In most occasions, aftter rebooting, the path of the share changes, and the configured path is unavailable. (This makes the share unavailable.)

Once in the USB Tools menu, under Samba. There are two options available as path:

/mnt/sda2

/mnt/sdb2

When selecting the right path again, and after saving, the path which is unavailable disappears from the drop down.

In most cases, after a reboot, the opposite path needs to be selected again to make the share available.

Is this a know issue? Is there a way to have the USB drive mounted at a fixed path? (eg. only to /mnt/sda2, and never as /mnt/sdb2 ?)

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Joost Moerbeek

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Which firmware release you are using?
by
At this moment we are using 6.00.4 as firmware.
by anonymous
Have you tried with latest release?:https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware

It has some fixes for USB and Samba.
0 votes
by

Hello,

After your suggestion I upgraded to the latest version. But today the same problem occured, but this time it happended without rebooting.

These are some errors I found in the log:

Tue Apr 23 09:36:18 2019 daemon.notice ntfs-3g[9012]: ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error

Tue Apr 23 09:36:18 2019 daemon.notice ntfs-3g[9012]: Failed to read of MFT, mft=5 count=1 br=-1: Input/output error

Tue Apr 23 09:36:18 2019 kern.err kernel: [414485.730000] Buffer I/O error on dev sdb2, logical block 786433, async page read

The mount point changed from /mnt/sdb2 to /mnt/sda2

Best regards