FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
630 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I updated my router RUT240 with the latest firmware (RUT2_R_00.07.02.1) and I have several problems:

- cannot find how to connect the router to internet thru a wifi site

- cannot upload packages as I get a message that my firmware is not up to date

- if I push the "wifi" blue icon on the slide-out menu (upper right), everything freezes ...

Help in simple words appreciated :-)

With thanks,
by anonymous
Hi Žygimantas!

Thank you for your input. I restored the router to factory default as suggested.

Connection to internet thru wifi: when doing "Network - Wireless - Scan", the desired wifi appears. I can click on it but I have no clue on how to configure the rest of the menus in order to connect the router to internet.

Upload of packages: no change. I still get an error message saying that the package is not compatible with my firmware version. Tried it with 3 different packages.

Any further help appreciated!

Michel
by anonymous

Hi,

Follow instructions provided in the video to set up your router as a WiFi client: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INGKWNqnZZ0.

Could you also specify the packages you are unable to upload?

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hi Žygimantas,

Thank you for your patience! :-)

The youtube helped a lot. I am stuck now further down the road. I have a running connection under "Network-Wireless"  for the wifi (and for the router) but a stopped status under "Network-Interface" for the new network I have set.

As far as the Packages are concerned, I tried with 3 different ones:

wifi scanner, speedtest, hotspot.

Thank you!

Michel

by anonymous

Hello,

Make sure that your WiFi network is in a different subnet than the access point you are connecting to. Instead of 192.168.10.1 suggested in a video try, for example 192.168.27.1.

Regarding the packages, the ones you want to upload should already be available to download in Package manager, unless I misunderstand you.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Michelo,

First of all change mode BASIC to ADVANCE. (It's located on the upper right side of the Web UI page)

Then,

For Wifi connection:- go to Network - wireless and SCAN available wifi and connect.

For Firmware error:- Maybe solve by Mode changing. If don't please re-download the firmware without any power interrupt.
by anonymous
Hello Devam - thank you for your answer!

I confirm I am in advanced mode. I reloaded the new firmware. When doing Network - Wireless - Scan, I am asked to "Join Network". Then I am asked to give it a name, indicate a mode, ... Any additional indications on how I should set this up?

On the package upload, no progress. I still get the error that the package is not compatible with my firmware version.

On the slide-out menu (arrow upper right), with the choices of "Wifi - RMS - Mobile", pressing "wifi" still sends me into "reboot-land" as the router is suspended.

With thanks!
by anonymous

Hello,

Did you update with the keep settings button set to on?

Try resetting your router to factory defaults. Navigate to System -> Backup. In Restore default settings section press Restore.

Best regards,

Žygimantas