FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
504 views 7 comments
by anonymous
I use router in the car and while it is parked at home it should be connected to home WiFi. Otherwise it uses mobile data. Such configuration worked for months but recently I returned to home and router's wifi network disappeared. Without it I can't login to portal. So I reset the router and configured it again. And right after I added client network (to connect to home wifi) - router's wifi network disappear again. Any suggestion how to debug it?

Update:

I've connect to router via wire since router's WiFi network is not available. Router itself is connected to home's WiFi (I have internet connection). Screenshots are attached.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Try updating your device's firmware. You can download the latest file from here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/images/a/a2/RUT2_R_00.07.02.1_WEBUI.bin.

Or if you are connected to the internet, you can access the device's WebUI, navigate to System -> Firmware, select update from Server, disable Keep settings option, update.

If it does not help, and the issue persists, I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

Best answer
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to do the following. Connect router to the home wireless access point, the access router via CLI (can be found in router's Web interface System -> CLI) or SSH, for which you will need an SSH client application. The most common is PuTTY, which you can download here.  Once you login, enter following commands and attach screenshots with their outputs by editing your question:

• iw wlan0 info
  • iwinfo wlan0 scan

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hello,

Could you provide more details, regarding your home routers wireless settings: channel, width, throughput (HT mode, WiFi standard) settings?

Best regards,
by anonymous
I have mesh WiFi network based on TP-Link Deco P9 (5 AP in total). It has both 2.4 and 5GHz, standard 802.11ac. For 2.4Ghz network used channel 2 and width 40Mhz. For 5Ghz used channel 48 and width 80Mhz.
by anonymous
I have forwarded the details you have provided to the development department. I will return once I get their response.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
Is there any update re the issue?
by anonymous

It seems that your access point uses 40MHz channels.

The suggested option to try is to set htmode to HT40, which you can do by editing general wireless interface settings and changing the Width setting to 40MHz.

by anonymous
Thanks, changed the setting couple of days ago and it still works.