FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
881 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have placed a RUT240 router with an IoT sim card (APN configured) on a quite remote location - densely built environment.

At first I had a 4G connection, however after some time this got disconnected and could not get a signal anymore. Through AT commands I could retrieve a -91 dBm over 3G WCDMA. This should for the inserted sim card be good enough to set up a connection. The Network logs keep on giving the same issue: "WAN (mob1s1a1) is down, no more backups to switch". The logs from the sim card say that the PDP Context Request is rejected, leaving the sim card being suspended. What could be the issue/cause of this?

I have uploaded the TS file as well.

Kind regards.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Does PDP Context Request is rejected has any code, as might reveal more details?

Have you tried to contact your ISP if they see any issue from the network side?

Also, do you have any type of remote access to your device: HTTP(S), SSH, RMS?

You could try to restart the modem either via the WebUI or with a command  /etc/init.d/gsmd restart in SSH.

One more option to go with is to enter the APN manually.

Is mobile the only WAN connectivity or does the device have another type of WAN available?

In this case, I could send you instructions on how to update the device module firmware as it is quite old, but it requires another WAN source.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

Best answer
by anonymous
I contacted the ISP in the first place, and they did not see any strange behaviour on their side.

I don't have any remote access unfortunately, I can however restart it through AT commands via PuTTY.

APN is manually set already.

Mobile is the only WAN connectivity, it doesn't have any backup setting.

The firmware is updated to R_00.07.02 - I thought this is a fairly recent version? Or should I update to R_00.07.02.1? I can always update it locally.

Kind regards.
by anonymous

7.02. is a fairly new firmware. If possible, I suggest updating to R_00.07.02.1. When updating, set the Keep settings button to off. Moreover, the modem used within the router has its own firmware, which could be upgraded, but in order to do so, the router must have another WAN connection, wired or as a WiFi client. Would that be possible?

Also, considering that you had 4G connectivity established at the beginning, could you try to reset the device to the factory defaults, and see if that does anything?

Best regards,

Žygimantas  

by anonymous
I can update the router's firmware locally, however there is no other possibility to connect the module to the internet other than a sim card for now.

If the update doesn't work, I'll try to reset the device to it's factory defaults.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards.
by anonymous

You can also try to configure automatic modem reboot in case of mobile connection loss. For more details, refer to this Wiki page: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Auto_Reboot

Best regards

by anonymous
Thank you for the suggestion!

Does the ping happen between the device IP and the google DNS IP? 10.109.59.113 - 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4

Kind regards.
by anonymous

Updated the firmware with keep settings turned off. Connection was successful afterwards!

Thank you!

Best regards.