FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
230 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I’m having a weird issue between my 950J and Red Pocket Mobile on AT&T. On the previous version of firmware I could only get 1-2Mbps though the system. I upgraded to 7.02 and I can get usually between 25-50Mbps+ where I’m currently located, however almost every hour or two hours I have to reboot the modem in the gui because it gets limited back down to 1-2Mbps. After I reboot it goes back to normal. I have setup a auto reboot to temporarily “fix the issue”. Does anyone have any insight to wants going on? I don’t see anything in the logs regarding the system disconnecting from the carrier or anything. Thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Can you check the signal information? It is located in the GUI under Status→Network→Mobile. It seems that the issue may be the signal or the band you are connecting to your provider. You can be guided by this guide on the proper signal values. 

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations

Best answer
by anonymous
Signal is currently a -75 with los to the tower. I checked the band on my phone and it’s on band 2 as well as the 950 is on band 2
by anonymous

Hey, 

If you check the parameters in the link above -75 signal is in the Fair range. So marginal data with drop-outs is possible. Can you try to move the router to another location, or move the antennas. Can you please send me the information from the page located at Status→Network→Mobile. Please also send the troubleshooting file, which you can find at System→Administration→Troubleshoot.

by anonymous
I have attached them to the post.
by anonymous

Hey, 

It looks like your issue is completely signal strength related. If you look at the signal values as I mentioned -75 is in the Fair range, with the possibility of packet loss. While the RSRP value -102 is in the Disconnection range and the SINR 10.1 is also in the Fair range. I think you should try to move the device or antennas to get better coverage. Otherwise, you can try connecting to different bands, or with a 3G connection maybe your provider has better coverage.