FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
337 views 6 comments
by anonymous
I'm currently running three devices in RMS VPN, one RUT950 Hub, obviously, and two RUT240 as clients.

They route their subnets fully so this is working as a full cloud-controlled WAN.

The 950 HUB is on a permanent fibre connection, the two clients have SIM cards on LTE networks and all three devices are within the same ISP.

This setup works really great, except for one thing. The RMS VPN has around 10 to 15% packet loss, but not the clients or HUB individually when I try to ping the ISP's DNS over the Internet, outside of the VPN.

Not one single ping failed when pinging the ISP's DNS for 1000 ping sequences. Pinging the client LAN interface through the VPN tunnel shows packet losses after only 180 sequences, then it continues and sometimes it's dropping between 4 and 10 ping sequences.

Is there someone here who has the same experience? Since the LTE connections on the RUT240 devices works truly great, how can I troubleshoot the RMS VPN more in detail and see what exactly goes wrong?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

This a known issue, which is under investigation and the changes are in development, however, no exact time is set on when it will be solved.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for letting me know.

There seem to be other issues as well, this is critical.

On Friday I upgraded the 950 HUB to the latest firmware RUT9_R_00.07.02.1 and then the two 240's to RUTRUT2_R_00.07.02.1.

After that, the RMS VPN doesn't work. Everything looks good in the RMS Dashboard, but no ping or other traffic flows through the network. There are cloud-controlled switches on the two client sites and they are accessible, so Internet works on the routers. But the RMS VPN is dead now with the new firmware versions.

Could you please help me? I have not made any configuration changes before the firmware upgrade. After that I discovered that the RMS VPN was dead I tried to disable and re-enable the routes and reboot the RMS VPN HUB and the two 240's. But no result.
by anonymous
Hello,

Try to delete your current and configure a new VPN HUB. If that does not help I would like you to send me a serial number of a device with the issue. I'll have someone to look into it.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
Thank you very much Žygimantas! I deleted and re-created the RMS VPN HUB and now it works again!

Best regards,

Magnus
by anonymous
Hello

Just a quick update, our RMS VPN died again last week.

As last time, I deleted the configuration and recreated it, and now it works again.

So I don't know what's wrong, but I think you should know that it's not 100% reliable over time.

Regards,

Magnus
by anonymous
Hello,

There have been issues recently with RMS VPN hubs in Germany region. They have been fixed, however, for the operation to restore on the client's side, the hub either has to be reset and configurations have to be updated or the hub needs to be recreated.

Apologies for the inconveniences.

Best regards,
by anonymous
That sounds spot on since we're running the RMS VPN in the German region.

Then we hope it will stay reliable now with the recent change you made.

It's a great product, and so far, we're very satisfied with RMS VPN!