FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
193 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi.

I just purchased TSW200 but it didn't include a power unit. I ordered PR318EUA power unit as it was the only one available in my location and it is compatible with the switch. Since the TSW200 is 8 port PoE switch and it should have 250w power unit to cover all 8 ports, I was wondering if this 130w unit can power 4 ports with 30w max power or if the whole 130w is split between all ports? Basically meaning 15w per port. Didn't find this information anywhere so would be great if someone would know.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

The power will be passed to all ports, as power is distributed by the needs of the devices connected to the switch. However, because of that, if the combined power needs by the connected devices exceeds 130W, the devices will simply stop operating properly, the power supply will begin heating, which eventually might result in its damage. Thus, you should be aware of the power requirements of the devices, when powering them over PoE.  

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
Hi

Great, this was exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

Markku