FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
369 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Probably dumb question.

Friend of mine is facing a problem with a teltonika rut950 that goes into not registered status on network (it has a global sim). I am trying to figure out what is going on.

Thing is when i saw the installation , i saw the teltonika with none of its antennas. Only on one of the sma connector i saw a cable connected.

Does that seem logical? Its a mimo setup so shouldnt it have both the antennas installed?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello, this is Martín, Tech Support Engineer for Teltonika Networks.

The two antennas are needed in order to correctly establish LTE connection, as the first antenna acts as the Main antenna, and the second acts as the Auxiliary antenna.

The two of them are needed because certain LTE bands require two antennas to establish connection correctly, and this might explain the behavior of the device.

Best regards.
by anonymous

Thank for your answer.

On the other hand i noticed  on the connection log a continuous change of network (even though i have locked to lte only bands).

Signal stats are the following:

rsrp 91dbm 

Rsrq 11db 

Sinr 17.5db

And signal strength at 63dbm

by anonymous

Hello, thank you for the follow-up.

The logs show continuous attempts to connect to different bands, so there are a few suggestions that you can try in order to remedy the problem.

First, have you verified the APN settings with your SIM provider?

Wrong APN settings could be the root cause of the device not registering correctly to the network, which could be causing the device to jump between different bands attempting to register and failing. Furthermore, the device can be locked to specific LTE bands to improve speeds and avoid registration on incompatible bands.

The device screenshots show that the device is running the Legacy WebUI, which is outdated. You can try to update the device's firmware following the instructions attached here.

If you keep experiencing issues with the device please attach your troubleshoot file to your original comment. Instructions on how to retrieve the Troubleshoot file of the device can be found here.

Best regards,