FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,300 views 3 comments
by
Hi,

We have a setup where we have an Android Tablet as a wireless user, which needs to communicate with two devices (which are wired to LAN and WAN ports of RUT240).

The tablet should be able to communicate bi-directionally with the wired devices, and access the internet through 4G simultaneously. What configuration is required to achieve this. I believe i would have to create entries in the routing table but i am not sure exactly how. I have tried a few but non have worked.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You should be able to reach device in LAN by default, without any changes in router.

For device in WAN, do you mean you have used WAN port as LAN or what?
Best answer
by
Hi

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately I don't think the default settings will work for my application.

Yes we have used WAN port as LAN port.

Setup should be as follows

Android Tablet -> WiFI connection to RUT240 AP (connect with Static IP of 10.0.0.#)

Controller 1-> Connected to LAN Port with static IP of 10.0.0.#)

Controller 2->Connected to WAN port with static IP of 10.0.0.#)

At all times Android Tablet, Controller 1 and Controller 2 should have valid bi-directional TCP/IP communication

At all times Android Tablet should have communication to Internet via Mobile Interface of RUT 240

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Cheers
by anonymous

Your connected Tabled via WiFi you should be able to reach devices (Controller 1 and Controller 2) by default.

And your (Controller 1 and Controller 2) should be able to reach Tablet by default.

So, I'm not sure what is not working for you? Could you describe more?

by
Hi Apologies for delayed response. I have solved the issue  based on your advice. I reset the device and it worked fine. I just realised that the LAN section basically dictates all LAN behaviour including the Wireless clients which is where I was able to set the static IPs required. Thanks for your help