FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
254 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am using several RUTX11's in a mobile environment - on forklifts driving around a warehouse.
Currently I am using only 2.4 GHz wifi interface as uplink but APs in the warehouse (varoius models of Cisco) broadcast the same SSID on both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

How should I configure the wifi interfaces on the RUTX11 to be able to roam between both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands on the same SSID - but without changing the IP address. Is that possible? I am afraid one of the interfaces would have to be dual band, but as far as I know both are single band.

I know a failover setup can be used but this forces the router to use different source IPs in different bands as both interfaces have different MAC addresses.

TIA
Jacek

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

As you have mentioned, RUTX11 has two separate network interfaces for 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless connectivity. Due to that having two interfaces with the same IP address in the same LAN might simply result to IP conflict and connectivity loss.

As an option, instead of accepting DHCP leases from DHCP server device, static IPs can be configured for each wireless interface by navigating to Network -> Interfaces, editing interfaces settings and selecting Protocol as Static instead of DHCP in General settings tab.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

Best answer