FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
600 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I bought a RUT955 a while back with version 6.xxx firmware loaded as default. When Teltonika released first version of ver. 7 it was possible for my device to find and install it over WAN. When trying to upgrade from file I got an error stating that the update file was not valid.

I reset the device and reverted to ver 6 with boot loader firmware “upgrade”. After this when trying to upgrade again to ver 7 the LEDs for signal strength is just blinking and the logon screen says “Loading” and never get further.

When I look in device info the attributes for Serial number, Product Code, Batch number & Hardware revision are blank.

Please advise

Best regards

Ulf Säfstrand

by anonymous

Hi. I´m having the exact same issue. The RUT955 was running with firmware 7.02.4. Then i recognized that the I/O Section in the web interface was missing and i did a factory reset.

Since then it will only run on legacy firmware 6.09.2. And the I/O Section is still missing. Also i can´t read the inputs via command line. Seems like the alot of stuff is missing...

And as before mentioned the device informations are blank.
Is there any chance i can get this fixed?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
I applied this update today and it bricked my device.
by anonymous

Hello,

Try the bootloader procedure to install 6.09.2 firmware. Check if you can access the router vis SSH (for example, by using PuTTy). Post a screenshot of the following command:

• hexdump -C /dev/mtd1 

It is likely that you have one of the device's internal files corrupted and we need to arrange a remote AnyDesk session to restore it.

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Teltonika Crowd support community.

While upgrading to the latest Version it is recommended that you upgrade from the server rather than from the file.

When upgrading kindly upgrade subsequently i.e if you have 6.XX do not directly upgrade to 07.02.03 go to to the high level to the latest.

For more Technical support, kindly revert.

Kind regards,

Shadrack.
by anonymous

Hi,

Yes, and that is what I did the first time. After some time going on the ver6 firmware version Teltonika released Ver 7.00 and the upgrade was available via server which was downloaded an applied successfully. When Teltonika released a newer version of Ver 7, the admin interface was no longer able to find any updates from server - eg. "No updates available". I the downloaded the newest available and applied "from file" and the device then did not startup as expected. I then reverted back with firmware update using boot loader according to my previous statement. I tried boot various ver7 versions without luck. There was no problem bootloading back to any ver6 version - which I run at the moment. The device has never since the first successful upgrade using "Server" being able to find an apply updated using online upgrade. Upgrading to various ver6 has always worked.

Best regards

Ulf

by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding updates, you probably have a device with old hardware revision, which does not support firmware versions 7.0 and above.

As for your issue, I would like you to send me a serial number of your router in a private message.

Best regards,