FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
221 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi again. I’m experiencing a few troubles with my rutx12. It’s starting to disconnect from the modem, and everytime more frequently. I don’t know what’s the problem with this, and I don’t know how to fix this. Help please.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hi,

I've downloaded the file, what do I do now? Sorry I am really new in all of this. 

Edit:

I think I have to upload a file, which one?

Edit:

Wasn't allowing me yesterday, now I was able to.

by anonymous
Press the pencil icon above to edit your question and attach the file.
by anonymous

Hello,

Does the same SIM card you use establish mobile connectivity with another modem of RUTX12?

Have you tried if the SIM card works with other devices, smartphones?

Based on the logs there is an issue with one of the modems. It might be due to some hardware failure, but also, the modem uses a very old firmware, and I would like you to try to upgrade it. 

Before attempting the update, you need to connect your router a different WAN source, either wired or wireless, you can also try connectivity from the other modem. Below are the the instructions:

• Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:
    • opkg update
    • opkg install modem_updater
    • opkg install sshfs
    • modem_updater -g
  • The last command will list available firmware versions. Next modify the following command:
    • modem_updater -i <ID> -v <VERSION>
      • <ID> - should be 1-1.2, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.
      • <VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command, the latest version should be EG06ELAR04A08M4G.

Reply if that helps. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi again.

Im gonna try that today, I’m gonna update you as soon as I try it.