FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
155 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

is there a way to tag a router (RUT240) with a name that is always displayed in the web interface? So that I always know when I log in to the router, it is THIS router (eg from a particular location)?

I know there is "System" -> "Device name" but there I can not enter spaces and the field is not always displayed. It would be better to have a field that is displayed in the upper right corner next to "Mode" "User" and "FW Version".

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Currently, the functionality you desire is not possible to achieve, however, your suggestion has been forwarded to the development team.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
Any updates about this? We manage hundred of Teltonika routers, and if I manage more than one, I can not differ, which is which. I have always to go to Status -> System -> Device Name, but this field is restricted to 20 letters. Router from other companies can name router, for example "location productname serialnumber" and on every page I'm on such a router, I saw the name and I know everytime "ok, its this router". Very very important.
by anonymous
Hello,

The agreed upon solution was to exchange the placement of 'Teltonika Networks' and the device's name in the browser's tab (display the name first), thus device name is seen in the tab name right away.

Best regards,
by anonymous

OK, but thats not really a solution, I cant easy see this info. Just a example of my Browser-Window. And there is sooo much space in the red bordered area, why not using this?