FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
163 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I !I've in a very marginal rural area (Australia) in terms of coverage. I get two bars of 3G from a Yagi antenna at 12m high. Zero bars at ground level. I have had very poor performance from Netgear modems and my current one is going "deaf". This was confirmed by comparing signal received with a mobile phone using ext. Antenna port. So, it needs replacing.

I've only just learner about the RUT240. I like the fact it can receive 3G and I like the band locking feature. This is important because my netgear modem will get a little "sniff" of a 4G signal and try to lock on to that.

While I'm a technical user, I am not expert in Linux and do not want a device that requires me to interact at the command line all the time. A good GUI capable of applying band locking etc is important.

Lastly, I have some concerns after reading some of the RUT240 issues logged here. Especially band locking.

So, do you think the RUT240 is for me? Or shall I continue to look.

Thank you very much for reading this.

Edit: I forgot to add there are two antenna ports on the RUT240. The spec sheet says this is for 4G. Will these ports (or one of them) serve a 3G signal as well.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

RUT240 does seem like an option to suit your needs, however, it is difficult to estimate the actual performance of the router at your specific location, without actually testing it. If the 4G connectivity is also a consideration, I would suggest RUT360 as it has a higher category LTE modem and better performance can be achieved.

Regarding device configuration, service mode 3/4G and specific bands can be configured in the graphical interface, in a single window. You can check this link for more details and this video on manual band lock.

A short explanation on the purpose of antennas for 3G/4G mobile connectivity types is provided here.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you!

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will indeed check all the links.

4G is extremely poor here so regrettably is not a consideration for us.

Kind regatds