FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
538 views 10 comments
by anonymous

The Rut240 firmware is now RUT2_R_00.07.02.4

I download the ZeroTier package 1.6.5-1  as supported from that version

From that moment the ZeroTier connection become unstable.

10 minutes un and 20-30 down randomly

Do you have any suggestion?

by anonymous

Hi,

With RUTOS 7.3 release Zerotier version will be bumped to 1.8.4. 

Let me know if you'd like to get test firmware before the official release.

Best regards,

Martynas

by anonymous
We are also having issues with ZeroTier in this firmware version for RUT240, although it might not be the router's fault.
We have sensors on a remote site that need to have broadcast traffic sent over the ZT network, so the ZT interface was added to the default bridge.

I tested this in a lab with a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running OpenWRT 22.03 e 19.04 without issues, but with a newer version of ZeroTier.
Is it possible to get a beta version of the 7.3 firmware and packages to check if this is something that can be fixed in a near future.
Could this be due to limited processing power of the RUT240?
by anonymous

Hi,

Beta version of RUTOS 7.3 can be downloaded from here, Zerotier package is bumped to v1.10 and can be downloaded from here.

To determine if this issue is related to limited processing power it'd be needed to inspect RUT240 CPU/RAM usage.

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Which version have you upgraded from?

What type of WAN connectivity are you using: mobile or via ethernet cable?

Could you replicate disconnects and generate a troubleshoot file? To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there, then attach it by editing your question.

Best regards,

by anonymous
It was an older version (I suppose) because the web interface was black/white and not blue colore as now.

Before the update ZeroTier was working very well without disruptions.

The WAN is (unfortunately) mobile, so I can’t access the router if ZeroTier is not working and I need to be onsite.

Next week I plan to be there I’ll try to reproduce
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Martynas,

Next week I plan to be on-site (the router is accessible only remotely using mobile interface trought ZeroTier) .

Yes please send me the latest release you approved to be installed.

I update and then I’ll you know.

Thanks

Dario
by anonymous
Hello,

Currently, we don't have a stable enough 7.3 test version for daily use, there are currently some issues that are being solved. Maybe there will be something somewhat stable next week
by anonymous
In the meantime do you think is possible to revert to the previous version that was stable and working fine?
by anonymous
Sure it is possible if the current zerotier version is showing signs of instability, however, upon downgrade all configurations made will get lost.
by anonymous
Hi Paulus,

I’m finally on-site where the Rut240 is.

I discovered in the last 2 days the connection with ZeroTier more stable without doing any change in RutOS. So I suspect a ZeroTier side issue but really difficult to investigate (no logs at all). From yesterday evening the instability began again and I noticed that restarting ZeroTier service in RutOs the connection works for at least for 20-30 minutes.

I’m afraid to downgrade to previous version of RutOs and I have a couple questions for you:

1) in the previous versione of RutOS witch ZeroTier client release did you support? (If is the same of the actual I do not risk the downgrade)

2) how long I have to wait for your next release of RutOs(7.3)? If I decide to wait for it is it possible for me in the meantime to build a script (or something similar) in RutOs that pings periodically (using crontab) the remote ZeroTier node and in case of failure restarts in RutOs the ZeroTier Service only?

This loophole is similar to the AutoReboot function available in RutOs but should avoid a complete router reboot (disrupting the users for long time waiting for mobile connection) focusing instead in a specific service restart (Zerotier only is faster to restart).

Thanks

Dario
by anonymous

Hello,

The version in 7.0.0 FW would be 1.6.3 of ZeroTier.

7.3FW release is currently planned for September if no major problems pop up that would delay the release of the firmware.

You can always download a router backup file which you will be then able to upload back and to restore configuration

by anonymous
Hello,

This afternoon the ZeroTier connection has been stable so I really think that is ZeroTier issue maybe could be due to the release Rut240 is using now but that is not evident and not sure.

I’ll wait for your next FW release and you can close this ticket. If the problem persist I’ll try a downgrade but I think it will not be necessary.

Thanks everybody for your always on time replies and for your support.

Dario
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Our remote sensor sends about a stream of data at about 12Mbps and it seems that the RUT240 CPU doesn't keep up with the processing demand when sending it to ZeroTier.
I tested the 7.3 beta firmware provided and the updated ZeroTier package, but the issues remained with the connection dropping a few seconds after the data starts to upload as the bandwidth required increases. Tested on a 100Mbps upload FTTH connection.
I tried to get the load from top, but it freezes as the stream begins and only updates when the connection drops so that is not a good sign.

I ordered a RUTX11 and in the same configuration and use case it works without issues, even tried with two sensors sending data simultaneously and it still didn't drop and CPU load was about 50%.
Hoping for a stable release of the 7.3 firmware soon to test on the RUTX11 with the updated ZeroTier package.

Thanks for the help.