FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
264 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello.

On https://teltonika-networks.com/product/trb140/ its written for IO pins functionality following: "2 x Configurable I/O pins on 4 pin power connector (I/O not available in TRB140*2****)"

What does the exception text means? What is the TRB140*2**** - is this wildcard for 2.0 firmware version? We are using firmware TRB1_R_00.02.06.1 (because we were missing come binaries from newer ones), so we should upgrade our TRB140 to the newer one?

Strictly said - in the note there are four stars after the number 2 (as replacement for numbers?) but the firmware has only three numbers afer 2 so I am unsure what is the TRB140*2???.

We would like to use our TRB140s to reset PC which is connected to its ethernet port (and which time from time hangs), so these IO PINS maybe can be useful for us for this purpose.

V. B.

by anonymous

I have checked in the CLI there is some meaningful response to the "ubus call ioman.gpio.dio0 status" and "ubus call ioman.gpio.dio0 update '{"value":"0"}'", but there is no status page for IO pins in GUI.

Does it mean the *2**** note is related to the GUI functionality (which is only in newer firmware versions), but in CLI it works (I have no physical access to any Teltonika so I cannot check if the pin on power socket changes state)?

V. B.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If you have a TRB140 with that product code, this means that the digital IOs were not physically available on the device. The * indicate modem model, packaging and FW. The 2 is the hardware version of the device
Best answer
by anonymous

Thank you for the answer, but it is not clear (for me). Our Teltonika's product version is TRB1_R_00.02.06.1 - it has digit "2" at the fourth position from left. In the documentation the exception is for *2**** - ie - for digit 2 at the fifth position (if I understand it correctly - maybe not?). So does it apply to us?

I also tried to run "ubus call ioman.gpio.dio0 status" and "ubus call ioman.gpio.dio0 update '{"value":"0"}'" (and also set the value to 1) and it was sucesfull.

I know - best should be test one of the devices, but they are off my hand...

by anonymous

Hello, 

TRB1_R_00.02.06.1 is the FW version.

Product code is visible on the sticker at the bottom of the device or on the box of the device.

by anonymous

On the Teltonika itself there is no PN, but on the original packaging is written TRB14003000 - so we are good and we can use IO PINs.

Maybe on the product page should be the text changed to "2 x Configurable I/O pins on 4 pin power connector (I/O not available in devices with product code TRB140*2****)".

Thank you for clarification.