FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
184 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

Network is OK and RUT950 is running well. But...
One equipment (Raspberry box which is running very well in itself) get an IP address (fixed address from router) from router's  DHCP server but it doesn't answer to ping.
Other wifi equipments normaly get their address and respond to ping.
If I suppress the fix address in RUT950 DHCP table, the Raspberry box gets a new IP address and again doesn't answer to ping.
Strangely, the router logs don't mention this new address (I got it from my network scanner)
Could someone help me clarify ?

Thanks in advance.
let me add that this Raspberry box was running well last week with the legacy Internet box.

Addon:
I have no way to ping from this "black" Raspberry box, but I can log in (via its own wifi) and it's IP address is the good one.
I have started it again and this time the router's log mentioned the new IP for this box.
But the ping from my PC still gets no answer from this box.
Here is the troubleshoot file.
Regards
Bernard

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Are you able to ping the router from Raspberry PI?

Could the PI's firewall be dropping ping packets?

Otherwise, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators

Best regards,

by anonymous

Could you download the TCP dump package from Services -> Package manager and enable TCP dump in System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section to monitor traffic to/from your Raspberry device to see if the pings leave the router and are replied to, then download and upload the file?

by anonymous

The trace file shows that it the pings are sent, but no response is received from the raspberry. So it maybe dropping them.

I have also noticed that the APR table contains several entries with IP addresses for the same MAC address: 

• 192.168.206.132        e4:5f:01:63:07:48    
  • 192.168.206.23          e4:5f:01:63:07:48  
  • 192.168.206.143        e4:5f:01:63:07:48  

Are those from previous IP leases, or could you have duplicate MACs in your network?

Also, check if no wireless interface power management is disabled in the PI as per instructions in this site.