FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
326 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I configured RUT 240 WAN to LAN (using cellular WAN), like it is here:

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/21258/rut240-can-the-wan-port-configured-lan-port-cellular-wan-used

Works, but when I am using those two LAN ports at the same time, result is very unstable (looses connections). There may be some conflict, please tell, what other configurations should be done?

One LAN port is connected to a video camera and the other to a WiFi router, which is outside of the house. When only one of those is used, everything works  - but when those two devices are connected at the same time to these two LAN ports, problems starts

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you check if both, RUT240 and the WiFi router, are not acting as DHCP servers at the same time?

Best regards,
by anonymous
Thank you very much for your help. This topic is simply outside of my knowledge

There is no option to enable/disable DHCP in the router, which is outside of the house and it seems that, problem is that other router: I have been streaming video for an hour from the video camera (using one LAN port in RUT240), and used computer (+ streamed video by using the other WAN/LAN port of RUT 240) at the same time without any problems

I have used RUT240 one year without any problems, and I will buy an another to outside of the house. This has simply been a good product without any problems. I am using it for a system of  IoT with about 40 devices

Please tell me, how to connect the another RUT 240 to the first one. In the first one (which has a SIM card), ethernet cable will be connected to a WAN port (which has been configured to be a LAN) and in the second one (which is outside of the house) to the WAN (without any configurations?) How should I then set DHCP settings?

Thank you for your help
by anonymous
If you are going to use the first RUT to provide internet access to the second RUT, the ethernet cable connection you have described is correct, however, you will need to change the LAN subnet of the second RUT.