FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
867 views 8 comments
by anonymous
gmail smtp problem not working

from 30 May 2022 Google has disabled the possibility of configuring the less secure Apps for use by sending emails with RUT955

It used to work perfectly, but with disabling it stopped.

I tried different solutions with different accounts and smtp but failed.

Does anyone have a solution.

Thank you

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

At the moment, to continue using GMAIL SMTP you need to enable two step verification in your account and set an App password in Security -> Signing in to Google -> App passwords.

Otherwise, you need to find another email SMTP provider.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

thanks for the advice but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I have already tried with other smtp without success, but I suspect it is the Iliad sim card which probably can't handle different smtp.

thank you

Greetings
by anonymous
Goodmorning, same issue.
It works for me.
I have to authenticate every RUT240/955 as a new mobile (authentication made thorugh SMS).
Then I set different password (password for app) on my google account, and now it works using this password on RUT230.
by anonymous
Good morning Elberto,

thank you for the report, I made the identification in my Google account by sms and also the password for the app that generated a password of 16 characters long.

I could not understand where I have to enter this password that Google generated me, I did this test inside the RUT955 in Administration -> Recipients -> Email users, where inside I created an account where there is the email of my Google account, the smtp.gmail.com server, port 465 and in the password field I entered the 16-digit one that Google generated for me, but to no avail.

Could you give me a more precise indication

Thanks for your help
by anonymous

Have you tried using 587 port?

by anonymous
yes i tried no it works
0 votes
by anonymous

Ok, step-by-step guide here, it works for me, I hope not forgetting something.... let me know if it works.

http://crsengineering.altervista.org/teltonika/teltonika_email.htm

by anonymous
Hello,

thanks for the step-by-step guide done very well, but i tried but it doesn't work.

I no longer know what tests to do, the functions I have set are simple when the digital contact is closed the router must send a text message (and it works), and an email but following your instructions unfortunately it does not work for me.

I tried with both ports 587 and 465 but nothing, at this point I don't know where I'm wrong.
by anonymous

Try this by command line:

touch /tmp/mail.txt

sendmail -v -H "exec openssl s_client -quiet -connect smtp.gmail.com:587 -tls1 -starttls smtp" </tmp/mail.txt -f service.teltonika -au"service.teltonika" -ap"123vilsomfefjrms" ironman@gmail.com

In this case service.teltonika is your mail account, 123vilsomfefjrms is your 2-Step validation password, ironman@gmail.com is the destination mail.
In this case you should get log of what's wrong.

pre.cjk { font-family: "Courier New", monospace }p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120% }a:link { so-language: zxx }

by anonymous
Hello,

I wanted to tell you that the system is now working, I don't know why it deleted the password for the apps I had previously created, I created another one and everything was fine.

thank you