FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
273 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

Since a few days my RUTX11 on 4G drops connection every few seconds. You don't notice this so much in browsing or so, but it's impossible to have calls for instance. I moved the antenna where the RUTX11 is in with no improvement. It has been working great for 11 months or so. Any idea what could cause this? When standing next to the antenna with my phone I get stable connection and 4x the speed. I know phones work differently, and I'm not looking for speed, just stability.

Firmware I am on: RUTX_R_00.07.00

I attached a typical pattern of connection for reference.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you try to upgrade the device firmware to the latest? You can download the file here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/images/2/25/RUTX_R_00.07.02.6_WEBUI.bin.

If the connection continues to drop, attach the troubleshoot file by editing your question. To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.
Best regards,

by anonymous
Thanks, applied the update and will test if this works. It seems at first glance that all the numbers (signal strength, RSRP etc.) improved quite a bit
by anonymous
My connection still drops very often, or I get extreme low speeds (0,3 mbs). In the real time data connection graph, it now does not show white 'gaps' anymore, but the connection still drops. The graph instead now just stops building up... I added the troubleshoot file in the original question post. Thanks in advance!
by anonymous

Hello,

Regarding mobile signal drops, no indication of router's mobile disconnects is in the logs within time frame 08.29 14:21 - 08.30 07:54. There is only one WiFi client, which occasionally connects and disconnects.

Regarding low speeds, you can try to use a different LTE band to connected the router to. Currently it is on LTE band 28, however, following instructions in this page I suggest to try Bands 1, 3 and 20.

I've also noticed that your modem has a rather old firmware. I can send you instructions, if you have access to other internet source than mobile.

by anonymous
Thanks a lot. When i go to the webui/network/mobile/general I don't have/see the option to change the band manually. (see screenshot). RE: firmware: I only have mobile internet access unfortunately, via the RUTX11, would it not be possible to update the firmware of the modem in that case?
by anonymous

Check if you have Mode set to Advanced in the top right corner of the WebUI.

by anonymous
Ah thx, that helped! Lets hope this improves it. In the meanwhile, any chance I can update the firmware of the modem via mobile connection?