FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
168 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello!

I have a working OpenVPN client configuration on my RUT240 that breaks when upgrading from firmware version RUT2_R_00.07.02.4 to RUT2_R_00.07.02.5 or RUT2_R_00.07.02.6. With the newer firmware versions no openvpn process is started on boot, with the previous firmware version it works flawlessly. I have attached the configuration files for reference.

TIA and best regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You did not attach any files.

First, if you have updated firmware with Keep settings option enabled, I would suggest to delete OVPN instances and reconfigure again.

Next, if the OpenVPN does not start on boot, access device's CLI and execute the following command:

• /etc/init.d/firewall restart 

I would also like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Turns out that the newer OpenVPN version from the newer firmware has slightly different behavior and requires different options in the configuration file.

Anyway, my problem has been solved, thanks.