FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
209 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am trying to get a Google Fi Data Only SIM to work with that RUT240 (2020 Purchased Model).  I have updated the Firmware to current (RUT2_R_00.07.02.7), I have a custom APN configured of h2g2 per Google Instructions.  I have used the modem with a different SIM previous to this (Soracom) so I am confident in the hardware  being functional.  I have used the SIM previously in a Cradlepoint device successfully and in a RUT950 I believe so I am confident in the SIM being functional and paid.  

What am I not thinking of, please advise.

JM

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Troubleshoot File attached.
by anonymous

The logs show that the SIM card is not inserted.

Could you confirm that it is in the device? 

Does the sim support 1.8 or 3 V operating voltages?

by anonymous
I can confirm the SIM is inserted.  It is a standard SIM in an adapter, I have no reason to suspect it doesn't support those voltages.
by anonymous

I would like you to update the firmware of the modem module in your device.

Before attempting the update, you need to connect your router a different WAN source, either wired or wireless. Below are the the instructions:

• Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:
    • opkg update
    • opkg install modem_updater
    • opkg install sshfs
    • modem_updater -g
  • The last command will list available firmware versions. Next modify the following command:
    • modem_updater -i <ID> -v <VERSION>
      • <ID> - should be 1-1, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.
      • <VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command, it should be EC25AFAR05A07M4G.

Best regards,