FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
126 views 5 comments
by anonymous
I have an RUT240 that has DDOS set up. I can ping lan port, and get a strong cellular connection. I have enabled ICMP on the WAN, but cannot ping the published WAN IP. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Ping should be enabled by default in Teltonika devices. 

Does the RUT240 actually get assigned with a public IP? What is the IP that is shown in Network -> Interfaces for MOB1S1A1 interface?

Best regards,

by anonymous
The IP is 100.111.182.127
by anonymous
This address belongs to a Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT) address space, which means that it is an intermediate address between your local network and public internet. It cannot be routed through internet and cannot be pinged remotely.
by anonymous

Thank you!  Does this mean I can NOT use DDNS and port forwarding to access our device remotely behind this router?

by anonymous

Unfortunately, not. 

However, if you have not tried, you could check RMS service, which allows to manage your device without public IP. 

Another suggestion would be to use ZeroTier VPN service, as it works without a public IP too.

by anonymous
Thank you very much!  I will check those out!