FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
447 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have a problem with my RUT950.

First: my computer does not connect to the router using 192.168.1.1 I tried several resets, switching the device on/off, nothing works. The browser(safari) tell me in short "not possible to connect because there is no internet connection". I am using a LAN cable, the green light at the port is on. The first time I could connect with the router without a problem, after I accidentally stopped the process it doesn't want to connect anymore. I tried with the computer connected to the internet and without - no difference. Computer is a MacBook.

Second: the router does not recognize the SIM card, is blinking red/green for No Sim/bad PIN. I trieb both slots. It's  a micro sim in an adapter. This SIM works faultless in three other devices, partly with the same adapter. It's a Claro Data Sim, bought in Uruguay, contract based(not prepaid) The SIM does not have a PIN. Right now I am in Argentine, will stay in Southamerica for about a year, travelling.

I really want to use the router in my campervan, so I hope you can put me on the right track.

Thanks

Adriaan

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Does your computer detect that the router is connected to it, do you receive an IP address?

What do you mean by “accidentally stopped the process“?

Have you tried to reset the device to factory defaults by holding reset button for 12 or more seconds?

Another thing to try is the recovery via bootloader menu. The procedure is described in detail here.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

thanks for your fast reply, it's much appreciated.

The router is connected to my MacBook(which is new for me...) by lan cable and an original apple adapter LAN to usb-c. As I said, the first attempt worked perfect, the router was found immediately. I was looking through the set up menu to see what must be done as the connection broke off from one moment to the  other. Since then the router more or less "disappeared", it's not shown and I cannot connect to it. This is what I meant with accidentally stopping the (setup) process. On the router the green light below the LAN connector is on.

I tried resetting several times, it has no effect. Even if I accidently changed the IP address(not likely, I only changed the password, nothing else) this should be back on the factory setting after resetting, shouldn't it?

I will try the recovery process, but later this week when I meet up with a friend who knows the MacBook better than I, as you probably noticed my computer expertise is limited to switching it on and off... :-)

Another possible solution: are you selling the RUT950 in Argentine ? Is there a list of dealers? My next stop in a somewhat bigger town will be Puerto Madryn. Finding somebody who knows what he/she is doing to look at it in person might be a good idea.

Thanks again

Adriaan
by anonymous
Personal meeting with a local representative is unlikely.

There might simply be some incompatibility with the MacBook's USB interface.

Could you check, if the router is accessible via Wifi? SSID and password details should be printed on the device itself, so you simply need to scan for available WiFi networks. If you can connect wirelessly, you should have no issues logging into and using the router and the issue could be isolated to USB - LAN interface.
by anonymous
Thank you again.

Tomorrow Morning I will first visit an apple store(yes there is one in Puerto Madryn :-) ) and have my Mac checked. I have the same problems with other Devices that are not accessible(Garmin, Backup SSD).

If that has been settled, I will try out your suggestions.

Greetings from Argentine

Adriaan
0 votes
by anonymous
Macbook and the adapter to LAN were checked, and are working fine. The problem with USB connections was solved.

But: I still cannot access the RUT950. There is no IP address of the router shown. There is no WIFI signal shown. Resetting does not have any effect at all. We have tried the bootloader menu, it also does not connect to the router, so it cannot be executed. I have tried a windows laptop, same issue.

And now?

Adriaan
by anonymous
If the device is not detected by other machines, if you cannot connect to it via WiFi and recovery via the bootloader menu does not work either, return the device fore warranty repair or replacement.