FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
314 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I will keep this as short and concise as possible.

Firmware: RUT2_R_00.07.02.7

Our goal is the following:

- Setup RUT240 as a router so that I can connect my device through ethernet. This is required because the device does not have Wi-Fi capability.

- Setup RUT240 to connect to the company's Wi-Fi network using the PEAP protocol and MSCHAPv2 authentication.

Here is what I do to connect to the company's Wi-Fi:

1. Change mode to "Advanced"

2. Go to Network -> Wireless

3. Scan for Wi-Fi and find correct ssid -> join network

4. Leave WPA passphrase blank, name the new network, and leave firewall-zone as wan

5. General Setup -> Mode = "Client"

6. Wireless Security

Encryption = "WPA2-EAP"

Cipher = "Auto"

EAP-Method = "PEAP"

Authentication = "MSCHAPv2"

7. Type in username for Identity and password for Password

Done.

Troubleshooting we tried:

- Used the same username/password combination to connect the company's wifi on different devices. This worked so I believe that the username/password combination is correct.

- Tried using different authentication methods (MSCHAPv2, EAP-MSCHAPv2). None of the authentication methods worked.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi,

Apologies, the troubleshoot file is uploaded now.
by anonymous
The file indicates no attempts to connect to the external access point.

Could you try to remove current 'station' interface, try to connect again and generate another file?

Or would it be possible to get the configuration details of the access point you want to connect to?

What WiFi security details/protocols indicate other devices, smartphones, laptops, when connected to that access point?
by anonymous
I noticed that Wi-Fi network that I am trying to connect to doesn't even have the signal strength listed next to the Interface Status Network -> Wireless. WPA-PSK Wi-Fi networks seem to show the signal strength.

The Wi-Fi network that I'm trying to connect to uses WPA2-EAP, EAP method is PEAP, and uses MSCHAPv2 for authentication.

I re-uploaded the Troubleshoot files.
by anonymous
bumping this.