FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
351 views 5 comments
by anonymous
I have an RUTX-11 with a Poynting Mimo 5 way antenna fitted in my RV. The antenna has a 40x40cm ground plane on the roof. Today I get a much poorer performance from the RUTX-11 setup than my OnePlus 5t phone inside the RV. This is the first time I have been able to test the system in a rural area. The OnePlus 5t is quite an old phone now. Both the phone and the RUTX-11 are using the same network provider (Lebara).

Can anyone explain why this should be and what I could do to debug/resolve the problem. Or is it expected that my setup would perform more poorly than a phone?

I must admit when I had the RUTX-11 and Poynting setup fitted I was expecting superior performance to my handheld phone at the same location?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Good afternoon.

Thank you for your submission.

Your OnePlus 5t, depending on the version, has an LTE Cat.12 module, while RUTX11 uses LTE Cat.6.

You can find detailed information and tips on this link.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Mobile Band selection

Also, try some tests and check the average speeds, they may vary due to environmental conditions, just be careful as LTE speed tests consume a lot of data. When performing tests, make sure that other applications are also not consuming data and that both of your antennas are connected.
by anonymous
I did try manually selecting the available lower frequency bands prior to submitting this post but the results were even poorer so I reverted to Auto.

I have quite low requirements for data bandwidth. 500kbs to 2Mbs would be more than sufficient.  Therefore I saw no issues using a Cat6 modem as this was listed as up to150Mb.  So even if a low requirement of say 500kbs are you saying a cat 12 modem will outperform a cat 6.  My RutX11 setup at the moment is providing poor data throughput and intermittent connectivity at my current location. So an RUTX14 would perform as good as my phone or better, given the better antenna?
by anonymous

Good afternoon.
Thank you for your submission.

Please can you download and attach there troubleshoot file via you RUT, and make some test with defaul antennas.

by anonymous

Attached is the trouble-shoot report.  I have moved to a new location and the performance of both my phone and the RUTX11 is fine at this new location.  Not sure if you needed this report while I was experiencing the issues?RUTX11 Trouble Shoot Report

Let me know and I can see if I can reproduce the issues at a future location.

by anonymous
Was that troubleshooting report any use?
by anonymous
Good afternoon.

In this troubleshoot file, everything is fine.

It is necessary to make the troubleshooter in a situation where the RUT catches very badly, and conduct testing with standard antennas.

Thanks