FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
467 views 13 comments
by anonymous
I am using RUT240, RUT241 and RUT955. Lately I have been experiencing that these routers only hold the 4G connection for a minute or so, then they loose it, search and connect again, only to loose the connection a minute later. They work fine on a 2G or 3G connection.

Today I opened up a brand new RUT240 router with RUT2M_R_00.07.01.6 firmware version installed. With that firmware version the router worked fine with 4G. After I upgraded to the latest firmware (RUT2M_R_00.07.02.7) these 4G problems start again.

If I search firmware RUT2M_R_00.07.01.6 on your server it is not found. Can I go back to that one? Or can you explain the different behavior between these firmwares?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you start by disabling Auto APN setting and using custom value according to your service provider? The setting can be modified in the WebUI by navigating to Network -> Interfaces and editing mobile interface settings. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
Do you have firmware RUT2_R_00.07.01.6? As this is a RUT240 router?
by anonymous

I have two RUT240 routers, both with firmware version RUT2_R_00.07.02.7. One works on 4G, but the other does not. 

It is not possible to backup configuration from one unit and restore it on the other, then I get this error: The selected backup file is not compatible with this device, please choose another file.

I then configured the faulty unit manually to be identical to the working unit, with no luck.

Comparing system/status page on the routers I can see there are differences in hardware (see attached pdf files).

Could this be the issue?

by anonymous

Hello,

Try this firmware for RUT240.

Devices you have referenced use different modem modules, due to that their backups are incompatible.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you for the firmware. This one works on this RUT240.

Is there an explanation for the different behavior between different firmware and/or different hardware?

One more question. Usually I could change the WAN port to LAN, this option is no longer available?
by anonymous

Make sure you have Advanced mode enabled in the WebUI and check instructions in the following link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Setting_up_WAN_as_LAN.