FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
238 views 2 comments
by anonymous
<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 21 false false false NL X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Standaardtabel; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} <![endif]-->

I have a TRB140 with firmware version TRB1_R_00.07.02.1. The provider of the mobile network, connected via the mobile interface of the TRB140, uses a 10.x.x.x/8 network. On the LAN side of the TRB140 I have a 10.0.0.0/24 network. The LAN interface is configured as DGW. To reach servers in the mobile network I added a route via the web interface with the following parameters:

TARGET                               10.0.0.0

IPV4-NETMASK                 255.0.0.0

IPV4-GATEWAY                mobile IP address of the TRB140, e.g. 10.10.10.10

METRIC                              2

MTU                                   1500

ROUTE TYPE                     Unicast

This works OK in version TRB1_R_00.07.02.1. From the TRB 140 I can reach the internet via my LAN and I can reach certain servers in the mobile network (of course with the exception of those in the 10.0.0.0/24 range).

After upgrading the TRB140 to a higher firmware version (e.g. 7.02.3 or 7.02.7) the mobile connection becomes unstable which is shown by repeatedly connecting and disconnecting. This occurs with an interval of a few seconds to half a minute or so.

If I reload the old firmware the problem is gone.

This problem seems related to the static route I added.  If the factory defaults are restored and the TRB140 is configured without the added route the mobile connection is stable.

As soon as the static route is added, the connection becomes unstable. And the connection remains unstable, even if I remove the static route again.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot files to your question with both firmware versions. Please, replicate the issue with 7.02.7, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

I added the troubleshoot files a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't receive a response yet. I hope you can find what is wrong in these files.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards
by anonymous

There is a difference between the mobile operators the device connects to:

Could you try to set operator manually, by navigating to Network -> Mobile -> Network operators in the WebUI and scanning for available operators or entering it manually?