FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
228 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I want to make 2 RUT routers communicate in RS232 via IPsec on port 5004.
I have configured the firewalls, as on the attached screenshot.

1st test:
port 5004 is not open between the lan of the RUTs;

I configure the RS232 ports, the first RUT is Client and the second is Server.

2nd test :
port 5004 is open in one direction only between the lan of the RUTs;
The RS232 communication between the RUTs does not work

I reverse the configuration of the RS232 ports, the first RUT becomes Server and the second one Client.

3rd test :
Port 5004 is open in both directions between the lan of the RUTs;
The RS232 communication between the RUTs works.

I don't see any difference in the firewalls of the Rut. I don't see the authorization of the flow of the port 5004, where does this authorization happen?

The router is not able to change the IP address of the RS232 server by reversing the Client/Server.
It does not take into account the change. After a reboot, the old address comes back.
Is it possible to change the address in SSH before going back to factory settings?

Thank you for your answers.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to provide more details, in regards to your configuration.

First, are you configuring device with a legacy firmware device or a RutOS?

How do you perform the reversing of Client/Server, as changing these in web interface would require you to replace certain options within the configuration?

Opening the port 5004 is the authorization for the flow, as opening the port creates the necessary IPtables firewall rules.

Settings in SSH can be changed using certain options via UCI commands, or by editing /etc/config/rs configuration file with the text editor, however, if you are going to perform factory reset afterwards, I assume, you would like to backup it?

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous

We use the firmware version RUT9_R_00.07.02.7.

Here is my procedure to switch the RS232 port from server to client:

1st RUT : Service/RS232/Mode/Client
specify the lan address of the 2nd RUT in Server address and the port 5004

2nd RUT: Service/RS232/Mode/Server
Specify port 5004

Opening the port 5004 is the authorization for the flow, as opening the port creates the necessary IPtables firewall rules.
Is it possible to control this rule?

Best regards,