FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
284 views 3 comments
by anonymous
RUT 955 issue (Down System) (WiFi failure) (Device blocking)

Hello, last week, after 6 year from onorated service, my rut955 it was down.

I check system and I saw the rut955 was to default configuration.

I reconfigure it, but whan I modify the wifi configuration the device it is down (it is blocking).

For the restore the situation I must be reset to default the system with the button reset.

After more try... and more blocking...  I disable the wifi connection and the system whas OK (I think).

I have a questions, this is a hardware failure o a Software failure ? (version software= RUT9XX_T_F1380_00.06.30.40_WEBUI)

Thanks in advance

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The issue might be due to failing hardware, however, the firmware you have installed in your device is very old and also a test version, meaning some device functionalities may not work properly. I would suggest to update the firmware via bootloader menu and see if that solves your issue. For instructions, please refer to this page. The firmware image to flash into the router can be downloaded here

Could you also check, what is the bootloader version used in your device, as, if it is version 1, an intermediate step would be required to update it first, before updating the firmware.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for your support, this weekend I try to upgrade.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hello,

After upgrade the system blocking after some hour, is not' good.

Whan I do default reset the RUTT955 is OK

After upgrade I do restore configuration, I don't have reconfiguring manually?

There is another tentative I can do ?

Best regards,
by anonymous

If I understand correctly, the issue is still present.

In this case it seems like there are problems with wireless hardware.

If possible, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. To get the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Maybe it will show something. However, there is a likelihood that you will need to replace your device.