FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
239 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I am trying to set up a RUT950 (fw RUT9_R_00.07.02.7) with two VLANs. Idea was to use port 1 and 2 for the first VLAN and port 3 and 4 for the second VLAN.

Problem is I can' get port 4 to show in the VLAN.

I have already chose to use WAN port as LAN (from basic settings LAN).

Still only port 1, 2, and 3 shows in the VLAN (advanced) settings page.

Any ideas how to be able to set port 4 on the VLAN settings page?

Thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Due to RUT950 hardware, it has two physical devices in terms of switch configuration, due to which the first three LAN ports share a single physical device, which is then split into three virtual devices. WAN port is separated and it cannot be configured in port based section.

In order to use WAN port as a VLAN port, it would have to be assigned a tag. For that, WAN port has to be configured as a LAN port first, which you have already done. Next, add an instance in Network -> VLAN -> Port Based of type 802.1Q for eth1 interface. 

You would then need to create an interface in Network -> Interfaces section and assign a physical interface of a previously created VLAN instance.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous

Thanks for you answer.

Next, add an instance in Network -> VLAN -> Port Based of type 802.1Q for eth1 interface. 

Do you mean Network->VLAN->Interface based? Can't really see much options under PORT BASED, other than the single add button, which only adds a new row.

by anonymous

My bad, Interface based is what I meant. 

by anonymous
Ah, ok, thanks! I will give it a try.