FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
224 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I factory reset a RUT955, and ran the setup wizard + updated firmware.

Mobile data is connected via 4G, and network topology says I have internet access via the router.

When connecting with a laptop or android phone, the best I can get is "connected, no internet / Could not get IP adress".

Sim card is tested and confirmed to be working properly. The router has 4/5 bars for connection as well.

I am out of ideas of what to try.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

To start with, the logs are filled with frequent mobile disconnects, almost every minute. 

You also have constant data connection health checks performed by module, responsible for failover configuration, which constantly fail and might have created firewall rules preventing from LAN devices accessing the internet. 

Your wireless interface is attached to mobile interface, whereas it should be attached to LAN.

What I would like you to do is first, is to reset the device to factory defaults again from the WebUI (System Backup → Restore default settings).

Once the device boots, simply check if the router is able to establish a stable data connection, without adding other configurations. You might try to use custom APN (to change, edit mobile interface settings in Network -> Interfaces), according to your service provider. To check if data is not disconnecting continuously, you can execute ping 8.8.8.8 via SSH and leave it for a while. Or connect to the router via ethernet cable and surf for a while.

Then try connecting via WiFi again.                  

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Hello and thank you for your reply.

I have factory-reset the device via the physical button instead. I ran through the wizard, leaving everything at default. I will now run a continuous ping to see if the data connection remains stable.

I will report back here no matter the result.
by anonymous
Hello again.

The RUT955 has been running seemingly flawless for the last 2 days. The only thing I can find wrong, is that the ping to 8.8.8.8 sometimes shoots up to over 1000ms, which also seems to correlate with the fact that internet through its WiFi is sometimes slow. It has not yet failed in loading/buffering anything though, so I'm counting this one as a win.

I know I have factory-reset the RUT955 myself a bunch of times, but it only seems to work now that I have reached out for help.

Thank you once again for your help, I appreciate it.