FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
376 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Dear developers,

We, at the Waterworks of Sopron, Hungary are running an ubiquitous, VXLAN-based system, built of Teltonika TRB245 (and some TRB140) routers. The following additional OPKG packages are needed for this system to work:

kmod-arptables
kmod-br-netfilter
kmod-ipt-physdev
kmod-vxlan

vxlan
arptables
iptables-mod-physdev

ip-bridge
tcpdump

The packages marked with red aren't available (in compatible versions) in the routers' OPKG repositories, so we need to rebuild the firmware to have them. The yellow ones depend on the red ones, so they still need firmware recompilation. We'd like to kindly ask you to compile the red packages with newer firmware versions of the TRB series and make them available via your repositories.

It would be even more helpful to include ALL OF THEM in the firmware itself (with the probable exception of tcpdump) of course, but we don't want to cause such an inconvenience for you.

Thank you in advance. Best wishes,

NÉMETH, Tamás
IT sysadmin
Waterworks of Sopron, Hungary

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

I would suggest to compile your own firmware image using the SDK, in accordance to your device.

Below are the instructions on how to compile the firmware image, with vxlan included.

• Following the setup instructions from here, using the terminal, navigate to the folder with GPL source code and execute the command make menuconfig.
  • Press /, enter vxlan and press OK.
  • Search results should show PACKAGE_kmod-vxlan, with a number below, which, in your case should be 1.
  • Press 1.
  • In a newly opened list, press Space twice, or until you see * sign.
  • Press Exit several times, until you are prompted to save the configuration.
  • Press Yes to save the configuration.
  • Compile the firmware.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for the answer. In fact I was already able to compile my own firmware before asking, but it's relatively complex and lenghty task (which makes it difficult to keep our network updated), so I was thinking about asking the developers to include at least the red packages available via their repository. However, if it's not possible I'll keep compiling myself. Again, thank you for the information.