FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
155 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I am trying to use the Teltonika RUT955 (using firmware 6.09.02) to read data from a Modbus Slave register and write to the Teltonika to change the relay state on the Teltonika.  I am testing the solution in the lab before trying at site.  I have my laptop set as a Slave and running a Modbus TCP Simulator using port 502.  I can create requests and send and receive data to the Modbus Simulator on my laptop from the Teltonika.  

I then create an Alarm where I read from the Simulator on my laptop to the Teltonika and if the value is greater than 100 I write to the relay register (203) on the Teltonika (192.168.12.238).

I used Wireshark and can see that the Teltonika is reading the register I want it to read and I can see the correct response to the Teltonika.

The problem is that the Teltonika is never changing the relay state.  I thought this might be some weird thing internal to the Teltonika so I tried changing the write action to write to another laptop with another Simulation Server.  Wireshark on this second laptop does not see any traffic coming from the Teltonika.  So the alarm condition is never being met?  I then changed the condition to Not Equal To in case there was some conversion happening.  Still nothing.  

Really stumped as to why this isn't working for me?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you check if the same issue occurs on the latest 7.2.7 firmware version?

Or do you have a particular reason to use legacy firmware?

Best regards,