FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
609 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

first time Teltonika customer here. Just got an RUTX50 as my future home internet connection. For my first tests, I'm moving my iPhone EE SIM to the RUTX50 running tests and putting it back in the phone.

I'm having issues with the SIM PIN. During the setup I recorded the SIM PIN and connected to 4G. But every time I power on or reboot the RUTX50 the network status is SIM 1 (PIN required 3 attempts left). When I look at the settings, the pin is correctly recorded. I have to delete, retype the PIN and save and then the PIN works.

Possibly related - when the SIM is returned to my phone, its connected devices all prompt to re-enable Wifi calling.

I have factory reset and retried the setup, but the problem persists.

Steve

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I was unable to replicate this issue.

Could you try a few things:

• Factory reset the device (System Backup → Restore default settings);
  • Try with a different PIN protected SIM card, to check if this is SIM specific occurrence;
  • As a workaround, add the following commands via SSH to /etc/rc.local file or in System -> Custom scripts:
    • sleep 30
    • simcard.@sim[0].pincode='pincode'
    • uci commit
  • Consider removing SIM requirement with SSH command:
    • gsmctl -A 'AT+CLCK="SC",0,"pincode"'

Best regards,