FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
355 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello

I have a rut 950 unit mounting in a QU antenna enclosure. This has a single cable routed via port 1 providing power located on a mast. I am connecting this to a managed switch. I want to use a wired provider and use the RUT for failover. I don't want to run a secodn cable to wan port. Is it possible to configure port 1 to have a tagged wan vlan that I can break out at the managed switch to connect to a wired ISP on DHCP. Attached network diagram.

I have attempted the configuraiton but cannot get it to work as expected.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Using a single port for tagged and untagged VLANs will simply not work due to the WebUI validations, however, I would like you to try configuration below with the help of CLI.

To begin, you would need to create a new interface for tagged VLAN in Network -> Interfaces. Since it is a WAN interface, in interface settings set protocol to DHCP in General settings tab and assign a WAN zone in Firewall settings tab. Save settings for now.

Next you will need to access the router via SSH and execute the following uci commands:

• uci add network switch_vlan
  • uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].device='switch0'
  • uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].vlan='2'
  • uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].ports='0t 4t 3 2'
  • uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].vid='10'
  • uci commit
  • reload_config

Now, after restarting the web interface, you should be able to see both, tagged and untagged VLANs under a single LAN1 port.

Return to Network -> Interfaces, edit your VLAN interface, go to Physical settings tab. Attach the interface, which should be eth0.10.

Hopefully, that works.

Best regards,