FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,848 views 0 comments
by
Hi,

For some reason my RUT240 has started playing up.

The 3G LED is flashing roughly every second and I have between 2 and 3 bars.

Does this mean that I am connected to the 3G network but not receiving any data?

I have another SIM card from the same provider which is working fine.

They are both 4G SIM cards.

TIA

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Your router's connection status LED indicates, that your router is connected to 3G, but has no data session established.

Most common reason for such issue is misconfigured APN. Please make sure that correct APN is indeed entered in "Network -> Mobile" menu (even though your SIM cards are from same provider, they might need different APN, if they have different services assigned to them (e.g. one standard SIM and another with Public IP address)).

Please also try using this SIM card in any other device, e.g. smart phone and check both if it is working and what APN is being used.

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello, Andrew,

As I understand, one card is working fine on RUT240 and the other is not? Have you tried them both on your personal devices, like your phone to determine if it is not a faulty SIM card or an ISP issue?