FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
176 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have looked at several of the articles mentioned on setting up OpenVpn but still a little confused. I am familiar with the process and have this setup on several different router models. Normally those devices allow you to download the config files needed to install on local clients ie: Windows, Mac, Linux. Does the Rutx11 not have the ability to create the necessary OVPN client files / certs to download and install on the specific client?  The router has the ability to create CA, Server, Client certs and looks like DH parms? I assume that is the DH cert?  Just looking for clarity.  I want the Rutx11 device setup as a VPN server with TLS / Password and I want to be able to access via windows client to manage for cellular backup. Device is only being used for cellular failover for Wan backup to another router.

Thanks,

WC

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately, Teltonika devices do not support generation of client configuration files based on server configuration. The client has to be configured separately. The feature, though, is being considered and eventually should be implemented as it is occasionally requested by other clients.

As for the certificates, the router has a section accessible via WebUI, System -> Administration -> Certificates, where the user can conveniently generate a set of certificates for his TLS application. For more details, please refer to this page.  

Best regards,

by anonymous
Just to clarify. The certs produced on the router can they be used to create a client config for a host such as a windows pc?

Thanks,

WC
by anonymous
You are correct. Generated certificates can be exported and used on both, other machines or locally.