FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
409 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi guys,

I'm total newbie but I would like to use RUT950 for a stable and reliable internet connection.

I have a problem with wired WAN please have a look, could you please help me to configure that?

I need this router for video streaming and I'm going to connect to different networks and usually I will not have access to configure it.

It would be great if router can automatically choose correct ip configuration etc.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

I have some questions regarding your setup:

• Does the router connect to the internet via LTE?
  • Does your wired WAN connection require any special configuration (VLAN, Static IP, etc.)?
  • When the mobile SIM is taken out, does the RUT950 still not receive an internet connection?

It would be best if the router could be upgraded to the newest firmware version, with the option "Keep settings" disabled. This will reset the router to the factory defaults and will give a fresh slate to start on.

If it still does not help, please attach a troubleshoot file to your original query. On the latest firmware version, it can be generated by going to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. It will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Waiting to hear from you!

Best regards,

DaumantasG

by anonymous

Thank you for your answer.

• Does the router connect to the internet via LTE? YES
  • Does your wired WAN connection require any special configuration (VLAN, Static IP, etc.)? NO, all devices work just fine after plunging them. + I'm going to use the router for video streaming and I'm going to plug into different networks, but most of them will have configured easy plug-and-play connection, no additional configuration is needed
  • When the mobile SIM is taken out, does the RUT950 still not receive an internet connection? I never checked that, but when I disabled 4g in the router interface and set wired WLAN as the one and only source of internet connection it does still not receive an internet connection. The router sees LAN, but not receiving internet ;/
I upgraded it first to newest firmware and reset to the factory settings twice.
I will send you troubleshooting file soon, thank you ;) 
by anonymous

Thank you for your reply!

At the moment it sounds like there may be an issue with your WAN port. Please try this procedure, to convert one of your LAN ports to WAN and see if this helps.
However, I'll be awaiting troubleshoot files, and going from there. Please generate the troubleshoot file after replicating the issue (plugging in the WAN cable).

Best regards,

DaumantasG

by anonymous
by anonymous

To begin with, your LAN and WAN interfaces have addresses in the same subnet. The easiest way to solve this would be to login to the  router's web interface, go to Network -> Interfaces section. Edit LAN interface settings and replace 192.168.1.1 in IPv4 address field with a value of, for example, 192.168.16.1.