FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
294 views 3 comments
by anonymous

I am trying to configure OpenVPN by uploading an .ovpn file.  If I load legacy firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.6 and upload my .ovpn file the VPN connects and works great.

If I load firmware RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 and upload the same .ovpn file the VPN does not connect.  

Two questions:

1. Can I view the OpenVPN configuration that legacy firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.6 has imported? If I could view the config then I could manually enter those configs into the current firmware.

2. Why does the .ovpn file work for one firmware but not for the other? Both versions had the config reset before applying the .ovpn file so no other changes were made.

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It might be an issue with the RutOS firmware. I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. First, replicate the issue by uploading the file and attempting connection, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous

I have uploaded the file from the RUT240 running RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 firmware with the OpenVPN not working.

Thank you for your assistance.

One item to note: My tunnel is a TUN and the .ovpn file is configured as such. But when I load it into RUT240 the GUI is showing me that the tunnel is TAP.

by anonymous

Hello,

This is a known issue, with uploading OVPN files. It will be solved in 7.3 firmware. 

In the mean time, before uploading the configuration file, open it with some editor and try removing the folloving line:

• ;dev tap

Then upload the file. See if that helps.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thank you for confirming this behavior.

And yes - if I delete ;dev tap from my .ovpn file it is loaded by the RUT240 correctly and passes traffic correctly. Thank you for the workaround.